Over the past couple of weeks, I completed working through all the class materials in the BPC Reclaiming My Time workshop (which started back on December 1). I filled out worksheets on How I Think I Spend My Time, How I Actually Spend My Time (which involved tracking my time for several days), How I Wish I Spent My Time, and How I Will Spend My Time in 2012. I truly enjoyed these exercises as they helped me define what I want to spend my time on this year AND how I will accomplish that.
One of the main components of this class involved dividing the thing we do into group. I started out with lots of group, however after working through all the materials,combining groups, and adding new groups for things I'd like to work on this year, I ended up with 14 groups. I then journaled about how I will spend my time this year in each of these groups.
My groups are:
(2) Spiritual Growth
(12) Household Chores
(13) Taking Care of Me*
(14) Scrapbook Industry "Work"
Another activity in the workshop encouraged us to create a list of five main goals for the year. I actually ended up with six main goals. (These are, of course, in addition to my lifetime goal of continually drawing closer to the Lord.)
(1) Maintain a deep connection with Robbie. I don't think we should ever take our most important relationships for granted, however I have to admit this will be my easiest goal because Robbie and I are so deeply connected already.
(2) Lose 20 pounds. I believe this will be my most difficult goal, but one that I am determined to accomplish nonetheless.
(3) Work through each room/area of our home to organize/declutter/redecorate. We've already started on this as we are remodeling the laundry room (photos from that project coming soon!)
(4) Learn to use new DSLR camera. I'll be taking classes and lots of photos as I learn what all those little dials and settings can do!
(5) Work through all paid for online classes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has unfinished (or unopened) classes waiting to be completed, right?
(6) Create an online class.
I really like the way this workshop was scheduled and how it allowed us to work from how we THOUGHT we spent our time to how we ACTUALLY spent our time to how we WILL spend our time this year. I'm looking forward to tracking my progress through monthly check-ins on the message boards.
Anyone else take this workshop? Have you set specific goals for yourself for 2012?