1. Stacy Julian's Twelve workshop has begun at BPC. We are gearing up to create 144 inspired layouts in 2012, all designed around twelve categories. This workshop include a ton of material and inspiration - 24 inspirational emails each month, 12 Triggers to spark our inspiration on the first of the month, Dozen Day on the 12th where Stacy shows us her 12 layouts for the month, and one Storytelling Feature each month to help us become better storytellers. I've created a layout to track my progress in this year-long class. The front of the layout contains a checklist similar to my September 2011 Goals layout.
The back of the layout includes 12 topic lists where I'll record the titles of the layouts I create.
I am so excited about all the inspiration in this class already and am looking forward to a very productive year in my scrapbooking.
2. I'm also in Cathy Zielske's Move More, Eat Well workshop. In all honesty, I've barely had time to look at the material for this course which started on the first also. However, from what I've read so far, this year-long workshop will be a wonderful way to stay motivated in my ever-continuing quest for a healthy lifestyle. Robbie and I have both set some goals for ourselves this year, with rewards along the way. We both began exercising (again) when we returned from our cruise on the 2nd and are concentrating on eating smaller portions.
We each set three weight goals for this year and our individual rewards will benefit both of us. For example, when I hit my first weight goal, I am planning to sign up for a photography class (see item #4 below). Robbie already knows quite a bit more about photography than I do, however I'll be sharing all I learn with him as we play with our new camera. When Robbie hits his first weight goal, we are going to take golf lessons together. It's something we've both wanted to try for a while. I'm excited to see how we do and will be keeping you updated along the way.
3. Reclaiming My Time with Karen Grunberg is also a year-long workshop (that started back in December). We are in the process of evaluating how we use our time and how we would like to be using our time. We have another couple of weeks of this process as we begin to align our time with the things we want to do. (More on this in the weeks to come.)
4. I will be taking Photography Classes this year so that I can learn how to use our new DSLR camera and become a better photographer. I'll be looking to sign up for my initial class once I reach my first weight goal for the year (probably sometime in March/April). Please let me know of any classes you would recommend.
5. I will continue to pass a book each month through July as part of Pass the Book:Year Two.
There are a couple of chances to be the next recipient of a book right now - click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to find out where the books are now.
6. I will continue to blog here regularly about what's happening in my life, my latest scrapbooking pages, books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and the fun classes I'm taking. I'll also be participating in lots of fun blog activities like Sian's Storytelling Sunday 2 and Shimelle's Ten Things (this post is part of that activity - click here to see more Ten Things posts).
One of things I've enjoyed most about blogging these past (almost) two years is making friends around the world! I so appreciate each of you who regularly visit my blog, leave comments, and even send snail mail that totally makes my day (like this surprise package I received from Rebekah shortly before Christmas).
Thanks Rebekah - I know I've found a friend who understands me when she can't walk past a display of toe socks without picking out a totally cute pair for me!
7. Because I have received so much joy from the Mail Art packages I received (& sent) this past year, I will definitely be sending out surprise Mail Art packages throughout the year!
8. I will also continue to participate in the Library of Memories Community where we receive weekly challenges and encourage others who are setting up and maintaining a Library of Memories system. I enjoy the interaction with others who are also working to keep up with their digital workflow and photo organization in order to scrap inspirationally. If you've ever taken the Library of Memories or Finding Photo Freedom workshops and find yourself not keeping up with your system or lacking motivation, click here to sign up (it's only $15) and join us as we set weekly goals and share our own adaptations.
9. This year I am also planning to do some in-depth work in our home - organizing/decluttering and a little bit of redecorating/remodeling. The first room is our laundry room, which we plan to start on before the end of this month.
10. And, as always, I will continue to strive for growth in my walk with the Lord by maintaining a daily quiet time, attending church regularly, and teaching Ladies' Bible Studies. I'm currently preparing to begin leading a study entitled Walking by Faith: Lessons Learned in the Darkby Jennifer Rothschild.
I am looking forward to a fantastic year! What's on your top ten list for 2012?