On this first Friday of the new year, I'm contemplating sharing five FRESH random photos (or thoughts or interesting tidbits) from the week as a regular feature here on my blog. Let's see how it goes.
1. We began 2018 with a meal of pork, cabbage, black-eyed peas, and cornbread, so tradition says we should have plenty of good luck and good fortune in the year ahead.
2. I'm using the Get To Work Book as my calendar/planner once again this year. It contains 12 motivational text prints on heavy stock that are perforated to be removed from the book. I took out the January print, added some washi tape and my goals for the month, and adhered it right below the reading lamp over my nightstand. This way I'll be reminded of my FRESH goals every day!
3. This little surprise showed up in the mail a couple of days ago! I mailed this out before my great-nephew's birthday on December 11. The Post Office thought his house was vacant after Hurricane Harvey, so they returned it to us . . . four weeks later! (It's on its way again as I've been assured by my nephew they are now receiving mail.)
4. I am thoroughly enjoying the slow pace of reading one chapter a day in the New Testament (with this Facebook group). I have a brand new journaling Bible that I'm using to record my FRESH insights and prayers each day.
5. Along with the current weather at home, when we're preparing for an upcoming trip, I like to track the weather on my phone app.
How did you start the new year? Do you have your goals for this month visible? Anything interesting show up in your mailbox this week? Where are you reading in the Bible this year? What interesting places are on your weather app?